'Writing is its own reward.' - Henry Miller
I am currently editing my novel manuscript When the Mountain Swallowed the Morning. The book won runner-up prize in the 2015 Bridport Prize New Novel Award, was shortlisted for the 2016 Janklow & Nesbit Bath Spa prize and long listed for the 2016 Mslexia New Novel competition. You can read an extract in the Sparks Anthology, a collection of writing from Bath Spa MA graduates 2016.
My short story 'Who Said the River Was Red?' won the 'local prize' in the 2016 Bath Short Story Award and features in their 2016 anthology. My flash fiction appears in several anthologies including To Carry Her Home, The Lobsters Run Free and The National Flash Fiction Day Anthology. I have also had flash fictions listedin The Bath Flash Fiction Award, The Reflex Fiction competition and The Reader's Digest fiction competition.
I was delighted to be asked to co-edit with Santino Prinzi the 2018 National Flash Fiction Day Anthology and was also invited to devise a very sweet* workshop for the National Flash Fiction Day itself.
* aka we ate LOTS of sweets to invoke childhood memories!
* 'Dead and Buried' (Longlisted)
* 'Have Your Cake' (Shortlisted)
* 'Who Said The River Was Red?' (Local Prize winner 2016)
* 'The Paralysis of Verbs' (Longlisted)
* The Book He Really Wanted to Read (100-word-story Oct 2016)
* Extract from When the Mountain Swallowed the Morning (March 2016)
* Sparrow and Finch (Short story - New Writing section Dec 2015)
* Pulling Strings (Short story - Summer 2014)
* Find Your Flow - Yoga and Creativity (March 2017)
* Sit Back and Relax: it's the Reading Spa (Oct 2016) (Reprinted in AngloFiles - Danish English Teachers Magazine March 2017)