'Writing is its own reward.' - Henry Miller
I am currently editing my novel manuscript When the Mountain Swallowed the Morning. The book won runner-up prize in the 2015 Bridport Prize New Novel Award, was shortlisted for the 2016 Janklow & Nesbit Bath Spa prize and long listed for the 2016 Mslexia New Novel competition. You can read an extract in the Sparks Anthology, a collection of writing from Bath Spa MA graduates 2016.
My story 'Who Said the River Was Red?' won the 'local prize' in the 2016 Bath Short Story Award and features in their recently launched 2016 anthology. 'The Paralysis of Verbs', a flash fiction about a man and a dog was long-listed for the 2016 Bath Flash Fiction Award and can be found in the lovely 'To Carry Her Home' anthology and my 300 word story 'Have Your Cake' made the top twenty shortlist for the same award in 2017.
Other stories and poems I've written have featured in Mslexia writing magazine, Reader's Digest magazine, AdHoc Fiction anthologies, the BBC website and the Poetic Republic anthology - full details on my Writing page.
I am currently represented by Jenny Hewson of Rogers, Coleridge & White.
* 'Dead and Buried' (Longlisted)
* 'Have Your Cake' (Shortlisted)
* 'Who Said The River Was Red?' (Local Prize winner 2016)
* 'The Paralysis of Verbs' (Longlisted)
* The Book He Really Wanted to Read (100-word-story Oct 2016)
* Extract from When the Mountain Swallowed the Morning (March 2016)
* Sparrow and Finch (Short story - New Writing section Dec 2015)
* Pulling Strings (Short story - Summer 2014)
* Find Your Flow - Yoga and Creativity (March 2017)
* Sit Back and Relax: it's the Reading Spa (Oct 2016) (Reprinted in AngloFiles - Danish English Teachers Magazine March 2017)